GRS Stone Setting & Engraving Programme
5 Days Programme
November 13- 17, 2017
9am – 6pm with lunch break
GRS Instructor: Mr Todd Daniels from the US
This course focuses on the specific needs and goals of bench jewelers who use gravers and related tools for both stone setting and engraving. It provides jewelers with refined and effective skills that increase the business rewards and creative satisfaction of custom jewelry work. This fast-paced class is for jewelers who love bench work and seek personal growth by studying with a top instructor. GRS Training Centre Certificated will be provided for the course completion.
- Correct setup of a workbench
- Operation of common classroom tools
- Tool sharpening, as well as sharpening theory and geometry
- Tool shaping and bench grinder operation
- Surface preparation for engraving or stone setting
- Artwork layout and design principles
- Design transfer techniques
- Line cutting techniques
- Proper use of workholding fixtures and devices
- Shading techniques and background treatments
- Effective use of a rotary handpiece
- Block and script letter engraving
- Basic prong, flush, bead and channel setting techniques using round stones
- Basics of gold inlay
Open to students who have completed the Hatton’s jewellery programme or gem setting course.
HK$ 20,000 (inclusive of Combo Tools Set)
Full payment must be made upon confirmation. No refund and course is non transferable*
*Should there be any unforeseen change or cancellation we will refund in full.
Limited seats for 12 students.