GRS Intermediate Stone Setting Programme
5 Days Programme
GRS Training Centre Certificated will be provided for the course completion.
JUL 30 – AUG 3, 2018
9am – 6pm with lunch break
上午9點 – 下午6點 午餐休息
GRS Instructor: Mr Todd Daniels from the US
This course is designed to provide instruction on critical components of professional diamond setting techniques. The course material concentrates on perfecting bead and bright cut procedures and successfully utilizing them in other stone setting applications. Students use a combination of power‑assisted tools, a microscope, and various hand-created implements combined with setting procedures to achieve superior end results.
- Creating specialized tools and the use of gravers and special geometries
- The use of various fixtures and materials for workholding
- Workstation layout
- How to create a flawless polish on gravers to achieve exceptional bright cuts
- How to avoid tool breakage
- Tips for quickly modifying tools to maintain optimal performance
- Microscope use for superior end results
- Use of carbide versus high-speed steel (HSS) tools
- Specialized use of burs in the metal excavating process
- Optimal approaches for various metals
- Bead and bright cut
- Regular pave setting
- Channel and flush setting
- Multiple approaches to layout
- Proper polishing and finishing
Open to students who have completed the Hatton’s jewellery programme or gem setting course.
HK$ 20,000 ; Early Bird Offer HK$18,500 (inclusive of Combo Tools Set)
Full payment must be made upon confirmation. No refund and course is non transferable*
*Should there be any unforeseen change or cancellation we will refund in full.
Limited seats for 12 students.